|None of the information on this site represents my own original research — it all comes from material compiled by others from original sources and their own investigations.|
My principle sources have been:
- The John Barrett Notes, 1980 (and John C. Winn, A Guide to Understanding the John Barrett Notes, 2000).
- Mark Lewisohn, The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions, London, 1988.
- John C. Winn, Way Beyond Compare. The Beatles Recorded Legacy. Volume One: 1957-1965, Sharon VT, 2003.
- ——————, That Magic Feeling. The Beatles Recorded Legacy. Volume Two: 1966-1970, Sharon VT, 2003.
- ——————, Lifting Latches Feeling. The Beatles Recorded Legacy. Volume Three: Inside The Beatles Vaults, Sharon VT, 2005.
- Jerry Hammack, The Beatles Recording Reference Manual. 4 vols, Toronto, 2017-2019.
- Dave Rybaczewski, Beatles Music History!
- Douglas Piero Carey, A Beatles Recording Timeline, 2007.
|I have not yet been able to consult Kevin Ryan & Brian Kehew, Recording the Beatles : The Studio Equipment and Techniques Used to Create Their Classic Albums.|